Saturday, April 17, 2010

Connecting with both the pain and the promise

I wanted to thank you for your book, "Battle for the Soul of Canada." I hadn't had a chance to read it until this past week-- the final weeks of my M.Div program were fairly time-consuming-- but I've started reading it and am really enjoying it. 1 and 2 Timothy are two of my favorite books in the New Testament. When I first went out to the mission-field, they became an anchor. It was as if Paul was speaking to me in person. I'm thrilled by the way in which you have focused on raising up "Timothies," and I have learned a great deal that I did not know about Canada's spiritual history. I have also appreciated the way in which you have put yourself in the book, connecting your readers with both the pain and the promise that come with faithfulness in the face of compromise. The Lord Bless you and all the saints at St Simon's in North Vancouver. I look forward to getting to know you better over the coming years. In His Service, David McElrea (from St John's Richmond) 
 p.s. In order to obtain a copy of the book 'Battle for the Soul of Canada', or any of our six books in paperback or ebook on Amazon, just click on this link.

To receive a personally signed copy of any of our books within North America, just etransfer at ed_hird@telus.net, giving your address. Cheques are also acceptable.

No comments: